Swtorui

Swtorui (https://www.swtorui.com/forums/index.php)
-   General SW:TOR Chat (https://www.swtorui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself! (https://www.swtorui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4)

Bouvi 04-24-2012 09:13 PM

Bouvi here and I have been around a longish time on Cairenn and crews various websites. Used to design UIs and a couple of addons back in my WoW days. Looking forward to adding to this site.

Cairenn 04-25-2012 03:57 PM

*tacklehugs Bouvi*

Bouvi 04-25-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 72)
*tacklehugs Bouvi*

Those always hurt but are welcome. Since we talked last I moved from TN to AZ. :)

Nobgul 04-26-2012 01:34 PM

Ello all Nobgul here, avid wow player and long time wowinterface supporter, Figured i would give this game a go, looks interesting so far.

/me Tackles Cairenn!
/me Runs away and hides behind!

Cairenn 04-26-2012 02:45 PM

Hides behind ...who/what? :p

Nobgul 04-26-2012 04:58 PM

Take your choice =P

Trustorm 05-07-2012 12:46 AM

Im Trustorm, been gaming way too long (wont say exactly how long but I remember when Everquest was still new o.o). Its really awesome to have a place to not only find UI's to use, but to share with others as well. Great for sharing my stuff with guildies!

Nobgul 05-07-2012 03:03 PM

Welcome Trustorm!

Aieny 05-09-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trustorm (Post 79)
Im Trustorm, been gaming way too long (wont say exactly how long but I remember when Everquest was still new o.o). Its really awesome to have a place to not only find UI's to use, but to share with others as well. Great for sharing my stuff with guildies!

Heh, I remember when friends from a MUD ditched the text-based game to go play the graphical Everquest...and how I loathed the interface but plugged through until they went full screen =).

Trustorm 05-10-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aieny (Post 81)
Heh, I remember when friends from a MUD ditched the text-based game to go play the graphical Everquest...and how I loathed the interface but plugged through until they went full screen =).

haha nice! I do miss the text based games if only for the imagination factor. Good to know there's someone I can share my hundredth birthday with this year! bahahaha

Nuggs 05-10-2012 04:03 PM

I'm Nuggs and I'm addicted to cheese... Nah, I'm an old gamer, I was playing games on my mothers Apple II back when i was just a wee tike. Besides that, I also did the 2600 thing, C64 and my friend and I would try and write silly games on his dads Amiga.

Besides gaming I'm a programmer(Too many languages, don't ask) and UNIX fan. I also love building stuff(electronics, hardware or basically anything that involves me doing it myself and "sticking it to the man"... I have an almost three year old German Shepherd, I skateboard(I told you I would never grow up dad!), make music and sometimes art.

I'm hoping to pick some brains here and figure out what we're able to do with the XML that we have access to right now. Also, I'm hoping to write addons assuming the API isn't complete garbage. I can't seem to find any drop of information other than they are working on releasing an API.

I ramble...

rabble rabble rabble

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aieny (Post 81)

'97 was the last truly good year I had with MUDding. Once UO was released, players started to thin out. Not too bad for players. It sucked for us developers who had spent years writing hundreds of thousands of lines of code(In my case C, it's my favorite language, what?) only to abandon projects because our testers and builders were stuck on UO and then EQ. :p

Cairenn 05-10-2012 06:29 PM

Welcome to the site, all. :)

Nuggs: Growing old is mandatory; growing up is not. ;)

Aieny 05-10-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 84)
Welcome to the site, all. :)

Nuggs: Growing old is mandatory; growing up is not. ;)

I refuse to grow old...I'm just going to decline gracefully :D