Unread 03-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!

Welcome everyone! We are very excited to be able to open the doors on SWTOR!

I'll go ahead and start. Many of you will know me from our other sites, but for the rest of you:

Hi, my name is Cairenn. I am one of the founders and admins on our group of sites. We (myself & Dolby) have been running interface sites for the MMORPG community since 2002. We currently have 6 sites with this being our 7th, covering 8 games. You can find links to our other sites in the footer at the bottom of the page.

Before anyone asks - yes I am an honest-to-goodness female. Still somewhat of a rarity in the MMORPG world I know, but there are more of us around all the time. I've been a fan of Interface "modding" ever since my introduction to it with EverQuest and my enjoyment of the communities that we create for those of like interests has only continued to grow over the years that I've been involved with it. I am the 'face' of the site, taking care of all of the front end requirements on a site like this; taking care of you guys (our authors and users), being the liaison between our sites and the respective game companies, etc.

So, enough about me. Allow me to take this moment to give you a brief introduction to Dolby. He is the other founder and administrator on the site. He's the one that takes care of all of the coding and such needed to keep the site running smoothly.

Everyone, please do feel free to say "hi" and introduce yourselves.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
slack2daze
Zombie

Premium Member
No longer a lurker

Hi there Cairenn!

I'm slack2daze (or Neschya), I (until just a few minutes ago) was a lurker (on Wowhead). I had an account and used the service but didn't comment. With my current level of enjoyment of SW:TOR and my previous dependence on Wowhead, I'm thinking I need to put forth some effort to give back to this community.

As a player I'm what you call a casual, single-player. I play as if it was a single-player game. This means no groups, no friends, no Heroic's, no PvP, and at this point you might say, well why are you playing MMORPG's at all? You do know the "MM" part stand for "Massively Multiplayer" right?

Yes, yes I do.

But I'm not playing for the human interaction, I'm playing because MMO's have awesome stories usually; especially with Bioware having storytelling as a major component of their development methodology. Plus I don't play regularly, it may be a week or more between logins, and then I'll have a string of nights where I'm up until wee hours.

All that said I do enjoy the thoughts, opinions, and insight of other gamers so here I am, giving this participation thing a go!
Now I'm in here every evening serving chowder and iced tea!
slack2daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Hehehehe, welcome to the site slack2daze.
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
sufi
Zombie
Hey... I'm not sure how i found this place... but I did. Looking forward to 1.2 and will hopefully see this site grow
sufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Yeah, we haven't announced just yet that we are open, but will be soon. We're not really surprised that some have found us already, though, lots have been watching for when we do.

Welcome to the site, sufi!
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #6
Aieny
Bomani Harbinger
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just happened across the announcement on RiftUI. Glad to see the doors open; I've been waiting for this since I started playing SWTOR back in late beta =)
Aieny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
*pounces Aieny*
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
manorton
Premium Member

Premium Member
I'm here! Just stumbled in after seeing the announcement on G+

You know I'm a supporter

*big hugs*
manorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Rawr! Hi Manorton.
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
jonnyrocker
Zombie
Nice to see you here Cairenn have been a long time member on wowinterface had another username there though but i am going to enjoy this site as well since your sites are always stable.

Im JR play on a server called frostclaw in the eu and play a Sorc. Have played mmos for about 10years now i think.

Lookin forward to patch 1.2 and the future in this game which i enjoy immense.

Have fun all and good luck where ever you are.

JR
jonnyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Hey hey JR, good to see you over here too!
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #12
Kylezo
Bomani Harbinger

Hiya, I'm Kyle, Cairenn posted in my thread on the main site and here I am. I've got a few UI's I've designed throughout beta, so I'll put em up when they're polished and ready for sharing!
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
Aieny
Bomani Harbinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylezo View Post
Hiya, I'm Kyle, Cairenn posted in my thread on the main site and here I am. I've got a few UI's I've designed throughout beta, so I'll put em up when they're polished and ready for sharing!
Welcome, Kyle!
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
Jediahcon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Cool Greetings!

I'm not much at interacting with others, not that I'm anti-social, I just don't type very well so my chats, especially in-game suffer. As my avatar and indicates, I'm pretty laid back. My game play style really reflects it. My gear is usually green, maybe blue at best unless I have a lot of credits and buy something.

I'm looking for a guild that's casual like me, but willing to try new endeavors, yet not be so intense that they come unglued if I might cause a WIPE.....hehe.

I'm on Infinite Empire realm (swtor). I have multiple toons on both factions, Replublic and Empire.

Main toons : Jediah 26 jedi consular-healer and Ratatouille 33 sith assasin-tank.

Hope to see some of members here in game.

Last edited by Jediahcon : 04-12-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: punctuation and grammar
Jediahcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Hehehe, thanks for stepping in for me Aieny, while I put my head on my pillow for a few hours. Getting too old for these 30+ hr marathons.

Welcome to the site Kylezo!
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Hi Jediahcon. No worries, I think your typing is just fine. That's an advantage of a website over a game - you've got time to make sure the message is all nice before hitting send.

Welcome to the site!
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #17
Hysteria
Zombie

Hi everyone. I'm Gaz from the UK.

Long time LOTRO player, now running couple of SWTOR Guilds over at www.xsgamers.com

Added my 1st UI for Approval (that I keep tweaking) so hope to see it up there soon.

If any of you EU players are on Nightmare Lands, say Hi to either of our Guilds there.... Lords of Nightmare (Imps) or Ossus Rescue And Liberation (Rep).

Last edited by Hysteria : 04-14-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Hysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Aieny
Bomani Harbinger
Welcome! Look like its been approved...its a pretty quick process
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Drakah
Zombie

Hello there SWTORUI community

I have subscribed to SWTOR since launch and played the beta as well. Unfortunately I have had more fun playing my beastlord in EQ2 than playing SWTOR, but I hope to have some extra time to dive into SWTOR more and tinker around with the UI some =D

/waves to all I know

Drakah Sha`Kahr
www.shakahr.com
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #20
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Hi hi Hysteria!

*tacklehugs Drakah* Hey sweetie!

Go BackSwtorui » General Discussion » General SW:TOR Chat » Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!