Unread 04-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
Leonick
Zombie
Why have the class based categories for layouts?

So as the title says, why have all the class specific categories for layouts? I'm honestly quite perplexed about their purpose.

At this point there really isnt much you can do with the customization that makes a layout fit one class a lot better than another, the only thing these categories do at the moment is result in a bunch of general layouts being posted in Jedi Knight or Inquisitor (because that was the players classes) often with the description saying that any class can probably use it.

The Healing, Tank and maybe Flashpoint & Raids (not so much DPS) categories makes sense and are useful as a healing UI is often different than a tank or DPS one, but the rest are simply pointless at this point. Once, if ever, we have addons it will make more sense to have class categories.

There might be something I'm failing to think of, maybe there are ways to make UIs specific to classes and if that is the case please do enlighten me, but all I see are a bunch of categories which makes it harder to simply browse trough the site and find a layout and it all would work better if they were to be removed.
Leonick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go BackSwtorui » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Why have the class based categories for layouts?