View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #31
Nuggs
Zombie

I'm Nuggs and I'm addicted to cheese... Nah, I'm an old gamer, I was playing games on my mothers Apple II back when i was just a wee tike. Besides that, I also did the 2600 thing, C64 and my friend and I would try and write silly games on his dads Amiga.

Besides gaming I'm a programmer(Too many languages, don't ask) and UNIX fan. I also love building stuff(electronics, hardware or basically anything that involves me doing it myself and "sticking it to the man"... I have an almost three year old German Shepherd, I skateboard(I told you I would never grow up dad!), make music and sometimes art.

I'm hoping to pick some brains here and figure out what we're able to do with the XML that we have access to right now. Also, I'm hoping to write addons assuming the API isn't complete garbage. I can't seem to find any drop of information other than they are working on releasing an API.

I ramble...

rabble rabble rabble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
Heh, I remember when friends from a MUD ditched the text-based game to go play the graphical Everquest...and how I loathed the interface but plugged through until they went full screen =).
'97 was the last truly good year I had with MUDding. Once UO was released, players started to thin out. Not too bad for players. It sucked for us developers who had spent years writing hundreds of thousands of lines of code(In my case C, it's my favorite language, what?) only to abandon projects because our testers and builders were stuck on UO and then EQ.
Nuggs is offline   Reply With Quote