Unread 04-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Installing and Using Customized UI Layouts

First, let me reassure you, it’s easy to do. I’m going to walk you through the steps involved.

Obviously, the first thing you need to do is to go look through our layout download categories and find one (or more) that you like and want to try.

When you have found one that you want to try, you need to download it. The easiest thing is for you to save it to your desktop. It should be a .zip folder. Inside the folder will be a .xml file. For this guide, we are using a fictional layout example called ‘Cairenn1.xml’.

Once you have it on your desktop, you will need to copy it to the proper directory:

If you are on Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
C:\Users\< Username >\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles *
If you are still on Windows XP the path is slightly different, it's:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfile
So, using our example file, the complete path should look like this:
C:\Users\< Username >\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles\Cairenn1.xml *

Once you have the file(s) saved to the proper location, it’s time to log in to the game and load it up!

There are two ways that you can access the UI layout menu. You can either open it from the options menu:

Or by clicking on the little plus sign on your quickbar:

If you use the main menu, it will be listed in the top dropdown window. Choose it, hit the the load button and it's now enabled:

If you use the quickbar option, you are presented with a mini menu that will give you an option to use a custom layout that you have installed. Clicking on it should enable it for you:

And that’s it! Enjoy playing the game with a new layout!

* If you are on Windows7 and can't see the AppData files onward, it may be hidden. Go to:
  1. Open organize
  2. Folder search options
  3. View
  4. Show hidden files

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-13-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Braxmon
Zombie
SWTOR file location

Hi, Color me stupid if need be, but I don't have an SWTOR file anywhere on my machine. If this is just a place for skins, I have found that Lotro location and can access them ingame in the options/ui settings panel. Is the SWTOR UI some kind of module that is an addon? Then when you download and install it it creates this file called SWTOR with a subfolder of GUIProfiles? I have downloaded and installed some skins or layouts. But those went in a completely different place than the path you put in this help. Is that the same thing as what you are telling me here?
Braxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
kvh12345
Zombie
I need some help whit getting your UI installed

I got it downloaded to my desktop so now i should copy paste it in the map that says it on install help so i follow the maps up until Local but then i cant seem to find the SWTOR map itself

Btw i am installing SWTOR atm cause i have bought a new laptop could this be the problem

Any ideas
Thx in advance
kvh12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Check that you aren't suffering from the problem discussed in the last screenshot.
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
kvh12345
Zombie
Yep i did cause at first i could not find Appdate until i did the thing from the last screenshot thx for the quick respons btw
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
kvh12345
Zombie
NV i found it out

It was because i did not play SWTOR on my new laptop so it did not now whcih UI's i already had so there was nothing to save so thats why there was no map

Thx for the help anyway

Nice Site BTW
Unread 07-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Glad to help.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Twitter
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Bererengar
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi there,

thanks for the help! It's a very detailed guide and I am sure it will and has helped many

All the best,
Ber
Bererengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
Aieny
Bomani Harbinger
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just for completeness, the path information for Windows 7/Vista is also valid for Windows 8. However, complete instructions for Windows 8 are as follows:

First, use the Desktop tile to display the classic desktop.
Then, click the File Explorer icon in the taskbar.
Type "C:\Users\< Username >\" into the address bar (or navigate there using the sidebar explorer)
If you don't see AppData, show hidden files by clicking View in the menu bar, then check Hidden Items in the ribbon (see screenshot).
Finally, finish navigating to C:\Users\< Username >\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles and upload your UI there.

Last edited by Aieny : 08-19-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Aieny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Vladinator
Zombie
I usually don't care but it's just easier making people paste this in their Run dialog or location bar:

%appdata%\..\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles

Not sure why people refer to <InsertUsernameHere> so often. :P

Last edited by Vladinator : 11-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Vladinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #11
Blue Baron97
Zombie
Windows 10?

I have it saved to Gui Profiles and I still cannot get it to work in swtor. Is it because I have Windows 10?
Blue Baron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2018, 06:51 AM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
Swtorui Admin
Make sure /One Drive/ isn't in the path.

Go BackSwtorui » General Discussion » Member Guides and Helpful Information » Installing and Using Customized UI Layouts